Filing a Discrimination Complaint in Colorado

This video features Samantha L. Pryor, Esq., a Business Law attorney based in Colorado.

Denver Workplace Discrimination Attorney Explains the Process

Video Transcript:

Rob Rosenthal: 

What processes are available to someone who files a charge of discrimination with the EEOC or the CCRD? That's what we ask Denver lawyer Samantha Pryor for this Ask The Lawyers: Quick Question.

Samantha Pryor: 

When a charge of discrimination is filed with the EEOC and or CCRD there's usually two different pathways. One is mediation and the other is an investigation. So in most cases, if you have a dispute and you believe that the employer has violated the anti-discrimination laws, you can file your charge of discrimination and you can ask for mediation, and in that case, a representative from the EEOC or CCRD will act as a mediator to try to get the case resolved, and if it doesn't get resolved through mediation, then an investigation will be held. The CCRD will conduct an investigation if you file the charge of discrimination and request the investigation as opposed to mediation.

Disclaimer: This video is for informational purposes only. In some states, this video may be deemed Attorney Advertising. The choice of lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements.

Legal Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Use of this website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Information entered on this website is not confidential. This website has paid attorney advertising. Anyone choosing a lawyer must do their own independent research. By using this website, you agree to our additional Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.