Legal Options for Victims of Abuse at Devereux Facilities

Injury Attorney Nancy Winkler Accepts Cases Nationwide

Video Transcript:

Rob Rosenthal:

What can you do if you or someone you know has been the victim of abuse at a Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Facility? Philadelphia attorney Nancy Winkler tells us in this AskTheLawyers™ Quick Question.

Nancy Winkler:

If someone has tragically been a victim themselves, or knows someone that was a victim of abuse at the Devereux school, they have a couple of different options. Number one, if they wish to pursue a criminal action then they should contact the District Attorney's office. If they want to pursue a civil action—and a civil action is an action to get compensated in some way for your injuries—they should contact a lawyer, a civil lawyer like my firm who handles catastrophic injury cases. We have a lot of experience in these types of cases and they’re very sensitive matters, but what we can try and do for our clients is to get them compensated in some way for their injuries, and to hopefully effectually change so that this doesn't happen to anybody else.

Disclaimer: This video is for informational purposes only. In some states, this video may be deemed Attorney Advertising. The choice of lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements.


© 1999-2021™

Terms and Conditions / Privacy Policy /
Report an Issue

Legal Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Use of this website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Information entered on this website is not confidential. This website has paid attorney advertising. Anyone choosing a lawyer must do their own independent research. By using this website, you agree to our additional Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.