Injured as a New York Tourist: Who to Contact?

This video features Thomas P. Markovits, a Personal Injury attorney based in New York.

NYC Injury Attorney Tom Markovits Answers a Popular Question

Video Transcript:

Rob Rosenthal:

If you're a tourist injured in New York City, should you wait til you get home to contact an injury attorney? We ask New York City lawyer Tom Markovits for this AskTheLawyers Quick Question.

Tom Markovits:

I think it's best to hire someone in the city where you were injured, so if they're injured here, for example, in New York, the best thing to do would be to hire an attorney in New York who's familiar with the ins and outs of personal injury cases in New York, the court system in New York, insurance regulations in New York, medical benefits that are available to an injured passenger or tourist in a taxi cab here in New York. So, I think probably the best course of action would be to hire an attorney here in New York, if this is where the accident happened obviously.

Disclaimer: This video is for informational purposes only. In some states, this video may be deemed Attorney Advertising. The choice of lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements.

Legal Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Use of this website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Information entered on this website is not confidential. This website has paid attorney advertising. Anyone choosing a lawyer must do their own independent research. By using this website, you agree to our additional Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.