Some disabilities are invisible to the outside viewer, but that does not make them any less legitimate when it comes to disability claims. Depression and other mental or emotional disorders can qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). According to the ADA, a disability is defined as a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity. Let’s break this definition down into the base components: A physical or mental impairment. Depression, a mood disorder that creates a “persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest,” qualifies as a mental impairment under the ADA. “Substantial limitation”: Under the ADA, a substantial limitation exist... […]
Contact Marc Whitehead
Marc Whitehead and Marc Whitehead & Associates, Attorneys at Law welcome your questions.
See What Makes Marc Whitehead & Associates, Attorneys at LawDifferent
Wherever you live, and whatever your disabling condition is, our lawyers will fight your denied disability claim. Based in Houston, Texas we serve clients nationwide, and our number one goal is to help you get the cash benefits you may be entitled to.
Marc Whitehead Proudly Serves Clients In
Social Security Disability, Long Term Disability Insurance Claim Denials, Veteran Disability
Marc attended Texas A&M University where he graduated in 1989 with a Bachelors of Business Administration in Finance. Marc attended the University of Houston Law Center and received his law degree (J.D.) in 1992, graduating in the top quarter of his class. He was admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 1992 and is admitted to practice before all U.S. District Courts in Texas, the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims and the United States Court of Appeals-Fifth Circuit.
Marc Whitehead served as President of the Houston Trial Lawyers Association (2009-2010), is a member of the Board of Directors of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, and a member of the American Association of Justice.
Marc is also a member of the Texas Aggie Bar Association, the Texas Association of Civil Trial and Appellate Specialists and the Houston Volunteer Lawyers Association. Marc Whitehead is a Past Chairman of the Houston Bar Association Social Security Section and is a frequent lecturer on the topic of Social Security and Disability Law.
- Marc Whitehead & Associates LLP, Founder
Specializing in plaintiff’s personal injury litigation, insurance & ERISA litigation, Social Security Disability law, Veterans disability compensation, probate and commercial litigation.
- Adjunct Professor of Law
University of Houston Law Center Civil Trial Advocacy
National Institute of Trial Advocacy Civil Trial Advocacy
National Business Institute Social Security Disability
- Personal Injury Trial Law Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Social Security Disability Law National Board of Social Security Disability Advocacy
- Professional Accreditations and Honors
Accredited Veterans Claim Attorney, Department of Veterans Affairs
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale Hubble
- Named to “Houston’s Top Lawyer” List (2008, 09 &10) by H Texas Magazine
- Named to “Houston’s Top 100 Professionals” List (2010) by H Texas Magazine
- J.D. University of Houston Law Center, 1992
- Top Quarter of Graduating Class
- B.B.A. in Finance, Texas A&M University
- 1989 President’s List
- Valedictorian, Normangee High School 1985
Admitted to Practice
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Courts, All Texas Districts
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- United States Court of Appeals-Fifth Circuit
- Professional Activities and Associations
- President – Houston Trial Lawyers Association (2009-2010)
- Board of Directors – Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Board of Directors – Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Board of Advocates (1999-2001)
- HBA Social Security Section Chairman (2004-2005)
- Association of Civil Trial and Appellate Specialists
- National Organization of Social Security Claims Representatives
- American Association of Justice Texas Aggie Bar Association
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers Association
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
To speak to an established and experienced Houston disability attorney, contact Marc Whitehead, Esq. today to schedule your consultation.
Marc Whitehead and Melanie are amazing!! I had a very difficult ERISA case. It took several years to finally resolve but in the end it was worth it. I was told by several other lawyers I had no case at all. Marc Whitehead took one look at it and knew exactly why I had a strong case!!! I would recommend him again and again. He had to go against some big gun Insurance companies that wanted to bury him in paperwork but we prevailed in the end!!! He's a great amazing guy to have on your side!
Marc Whitehead and Melanie did a great job. They cut through all the hurdles and red tape that insurance companies throw at you so you give up. They were professional as well as personal with your best interest at the forefront. I highly recommend them to represent you. I can't thank them enough.
Houston Texas 77007