Who to Call First After a Car Accident

This video features Michael E. Greenspan, a Personal Injury attorney based in New York.

Family Member, Police Officer, Insurance Agent, or a Lawyer?

Video Transcript:

Rob Rosenthal:

Who's the first person you should call if you’re injured in an auto accident? We ask New York attorney Michael Greenspan for this AskTheLawyers™ Quick Question.

Michael Greenspan:

Well, it's very important that if you're hurt, that a loved one needs to know what has happened and that you're okay and what your situation is, and then they can help you get the help you need. The police are going to need to be informed, but what is important also to remember, is there are unfortunately some insurance companies that take advantage of injured people; they seem to try to target people whose command of the English language isn't so great. So somebody could be recovering, they could be hurting or just maybe they're just released from a hospital and suddenly an adjuster comes in from an insurance company telling them, “It's okay, we're going to take care of everything.” And soon enough, they're going to have a document in front of them where that injured person may have released all their rights against the person who is responsible for hurting them and destroying their vehicle.

Disclaimer: This video is for informational purposes only. In some states, this video may be deemed Attorney Advertising. The choice of lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements.


© 1999-2022 AskTheLawyers.com™

Terms and Conditions / Privacy Policy /
Report an Issue

Legal Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Use of this website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Information entered on this website is not confidential. This website has paid attorney advertising. Anyone choosing a lawyer must do their own independent research. By using this website, you agree to our additional Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.