What To Do About Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse

This video features Michele S. Mirman, a Medical Malpractice attorney based in New York.

New York Elder Abuse Attorney

Video Transcript:

Tom Mustin: 

What's your advice for someone who thinks their loved one has suffered abuse or neglect in a nursing home? We asked New York City Attorney Michele Mirman in this Ask the Lawyers Quick Question.

Michele Mirman: 

You have to hire a lawyer immediately, and with that lawyer’s help, not only should you start a lawsuit, but you should try to get your loved one out of that nursing home and into a place where they're properly taken care of, it's a very serious, terrible thing to happen to an elderly person, or someone who's already disabled.

Disclaimer: This video is for informational purposes only. In some states, this video may be deemed Attorney Advertising. The choice of lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements.

Legal Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Use of this website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Information entered on this website is not confidential. This website has paid attorney advertising. Anyone choosing a lawyer must do their own independent research. By using this website, you agree to our additional Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.