Unpaid Back Taxes?

This video features David Cohen, a Criminal Law attorney based in New York.

New York City Defense Lawyer Helps People Who Haven’t Paid Taxes

Video Transcript:

Rob Rosenthal: 

What should you do if you failed to file or pay taxes for a year or many years? We're asking New York City lawyer David Cohen for this Ask the Lawyers Quick Question.

David Cohen: 

You should immediately contact an accountant, you can request an extension of the filing date, you can set up a payment plan with the IRS, or you can contact a criminal lawyer at CFP Law. We help people with those type of issues all the time, but don't continue that behavior, it will catch up to you, and the penalties are always worse, the IRS will work with you to set up a payment plan, and ultimately, any prosecutor who has reason to review will look upon you favorably if you've contacted the IRS and attempted to make settlement.

Disclaimer: This video is for informational purposes only. In some states, this video may be deemed Attorney Advertising. The choice of lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements.

Legal Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Use of this website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Information entered on this website is not confidential. This website has paid attorney advertising. Anyone choosing a lawyer must do their own independent research. By using this website, you agree to our additional Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.