Is My Loved One a Victim of Nursing Home Neglect?

This video features Tad Thomas, a Medical Malpractice attorney based in Illinois.

Louisville KY Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Tad Thomas

Video Transcript:

Rob Rosenthal:

If you suspect your loved one in a nursing home is not getting proper care, what should you do? We ask Kentucky attorney Tad Thomas in this Ask the Lawyers Quick Question.

Tad Thomas:

If you think your loved one's not being properly cared for in a nursing home, there are several things you should do. First complain to the nursing home. Usually they have someone called an ombudsman who is there to look out for the best interest of the patient or a social worker. So complain and be the squeaky wheel. After that, go to your state, each state has some department, usually an Office of Inspector General or Department of Health Services who looks at complaints and determines whether or not there needs to be an investigation, and then third, you should contact an attorney because you can describe what's going on to an attorney in that field, like my firm, and we can tell you whether or not there's a possible cause of action or if there's additional steps you should take.

Disclaimer: This video is for informational purposes only. In some states, this video may be deemed Attorney Advertising. The choice of lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements.

Legal Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Use of this website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Information entered on this website is not confidential. This website has paid attorney advertising. Anyone choosing a lawyer must do their own independent research. By using this website, you agree to our additional Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.