Injured While Visiting New York City?

This video features Jeffrey S. Antin, a Personal Injury attorney based in New York.

NYC Injury Attorney Explains What To Do

Video Transcript:

Rob Rosenthal: 

If a tourist is injured while in New York City, where should they hire an attorney for help? Well, that's what we asked New York City lawyer Jeff Antin in this Ask The Lawyer's quick question.

Jeff Antin: 

As a practical matter, I mean, you really need to sue, bring a lawsuit in the place where the incident happened. If they hired a lawyer back where they came from, if they were gonna sue about an event or an accident that happened in New York, whatever state they're in, very little chance that there would be jurisdiction in that state over the entity or individual that caused the accident in New York. So they need to hire a lawyer in New York. By the same token, if I'm contacted by a New York resident who was involved in an accident in a different state, I would advise them to hire a lawyer in that state, that I wouldn't be able to help them here either for the same reason.

Disclaimer: This video is for informational purposes only. In some states, this video may be deemed Attorney Advertising. The choice of lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements.

Legal Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Use of this website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Information entered on this website is not confidential. This website has paid attorney advertising. Anyone choosing a lawyer must do their own independent research. By using this website, you agree to our additional Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.