How to Report Sexual Harassment at Work

This video features Samantha L. Pryor, Esq., a Business Law attorney based in Colorado.

Denver, Colorado Civil Dispute Attorney Samantha Pryor

Video Transcript:

Rob Rosenthal:

What should you do if you're sexually harassed at work? We're asking Denver lawyer Samantha Pryor for an Ask the Lawyers Quick Question.

Samantha Pryor:

Sexual harassment can take a huge toll on the victim, so it's really important that if you feel that you've been subjected to sexual harassment in the workplace, it's important that you report those concerns to the Human Resources department at your place of employment. If the employer takes no action or does not take the appropriate corrective action against the people who are engaging in this conduct, it is important that you file a claim with the Colorado Civil Rights Division, we call it the CCRD, and or the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, which we call the EEOC. You can file a claim with both of those entities, then they will conduct an investigation and work with you to hopefully bring an employer in compliance with the law.

Disclaimer: This video is for informational purposes only. In some states, this video may be deemed Attorney Advertising. The choice of lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements.

Legal Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Use of this website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Information entered on this website is not confidential. This website has paid attorney advertising. Anyone choosing a lawyer must do their own independent research. By using this website, you agree to our additional Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.