How to Modify Child Custody in New York

This video features Carla Barone, a Family Law attorney based in New York.

NYC Divorce Attorney Carla Barone Explains

Video Transcript:

Rob Rosenthal:

What does a parent need to show to be able to modify child custody in New York? Let's ask New York city lawyer Carla Barone for this AskTheLawyers Quick Question.

Carla Barone: 

Child custody modifications becomes the moving parent who seeks to modify has to show a substantial change in circumstances that affects the well-being of the children, and so therefore, there has to be that showing of a substantial change before there can be modification. That is a threshold issue on the moving parent that the court is gonna make a determination on before getting to the substantive issues.

Disclaimer: This video is for informational purposes only. In some states, this video may be deemed Attorney Advertising. The choice of lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements.

Legal Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Use of this website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Information entered on this website is not confidential. This website has paid attorney advertising. Anyone choosing a lawyer must do their own independent research. By using this website, you agree to our additional Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.