How to Get an Employment-Based Visa

This video features Cory Forman, an Immigration Law attorney based in New York.

New York Immigration Lawyer Explains H1-B, L-1, E Employment Visas

Video Transcript:

Rob Rosenthal: 

How complicated is it to get an employment-based visa in the United States, and should you get an attorney to help? That's what we asked New York City lawyer Cory Forman in this Ask The Lawyers' Quick Question.

Cory Forman: 

Absolutely have a lawyer for you, it's very complicated. It also depends on the level of job, the kind of visa. There's a number of different kinds of employment-based visas: H1-Bs, L-1s, E's. Some require an employer to petition; some, you could self-petition; some require certain kinds of degrees in education. Yeah, so this is stuff that you need to sit down with a lawyer and suss out with them. And always, always determine eligibility, what the path is to success, before you go down the road of filing anything with the government.

Disclaimer: This video is for informational purposes only. In some states, this video may be deemed Attorney Advertising. The choice of lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements.

Legal Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Use of this website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Information entered on this website is not confidential. This website has paid attorney advertising. Anyone choosing a lawyer must do their own independent research. By using this website, you agree to our additional Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.