How to Appeal a Criminal Conviction in New York

This video features David Cohen, a Criminal Law attorney based in New York.

NYC Criminal Defense Lawyer David Cohen

Video Transcript:

Rob Rosenthal:

So how do you go about appealing a criminal conviction in New York? We're asking New York City lawyer David Cohen for this Ask the Lawyers Quick Question. 

David Cohen:

You must file a notice of appeal with the clerk's office, and then you contact a criminal lawyer if you can't file one on your own, there are forms online and a criminal lawyer will have the ability to file the form for you, you have deadlines in which you have to comply, and then a criminal lawyer can help perfect the appeal, which is get the documents together, provide the evidence supporting the reasons for the appeal and file them as well after you have filed the Notice of Intent to appeal.

Disclaimer: This video is for informational purposes only. In some states, this video may be deemed Attorney Advertising. The choice of lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements.

Legal Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Use of this website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Information entered on this website is not confidential. This website has paid attorney advertising. Anyone choosing a lawyer must do their own independent research. By using this website, you agree to our additional Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.