How Injury Attorneys Help Victims of Sexual Abuse or Assault

This video features Nancy J. Winkler, a Medical Malpractice attorney based in Pennsylvania.

Video Transcript:

Rob Rosenthal:

How could a personal injury attorney help a victim of sexual abuse or assault? We ask Philadelphia attorney Nancy Winkler for this AskTheLawyers™ Quick Question.

Nancy Winkler:

If you have suffered from either physical or sexual abuse as a result of someone's conduct while you were at a facility like The Deveraux School, and you contact a lawyer, a legal action can be brought on your behalf; a civil action. The civil action is for money damages to compensate you in some way for all of the suffering that you've had, all of the abuse that you've sustained over the course of years. The only way that we can try and affect justice is to represent these clients, to bring an action for money damages, and hopefully to effectuate change so that this doesn't happen to other people from the same type of conduct.

Disclaimer: This video is for informational purposes only. In some states, this video may be deemed Attorney Advertising. The choice of lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements.

Legal Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Use of this website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Information entered on this website is not confidential. This website has paid attorney advertising. Anyone choosing a lawyer must do their own independent research. By using this website, you agree to our additional Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.