Disputing a Will or Trust

This video features Vincent Casiano, an Estate Planning attorney based in California.

California Estate Planning Lawyer Explains

Video Transcript:

Rob Rosenthal: 

Do you know on what grounds you could challenge a will or trust of a loved one? We ask California lawyer Vinny Casiano for this Ask The Lawyers quick question.

Vinny Casiano: 

Yes, a spouse can, you know, they can dispute whether or not they're getting, you know, their statutory share. They can certainly do that, depending on if it's separate property or community property. Right. And the best way to deal with that is to actually have a good estate planner. Figure it out upfront, have transparency, make sure it's done the right way. Because the cost of the attorney in doing that right, is it a fraction of what's going to cost you if you go to court.

Disclaimer: This video is for informational purposes only. In some states, this video may be deemed Attorney Advertising. The choice of lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements.


© 1999-2022 AskTheLawyers.com™

Terms and Conditions / Privacy Policy /
Report an Issue

Legal Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Use of this website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Information entered on this website is not confidential. This website has paid attorney advertising. Anyone choosing a lawyer must do their own independent research. By using this website, you agree to our additional Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.