What if Your Child is Arrested or Charged with a Juvenile Crime?

Columbus, Ohio Juvenile Law Attorney Offers Assistance

Video Transcript:

Rob Rosenthal:

Do you know what you should do if your minor child is arrested or charged with a juvenile crime? We ask Ohio lawyer Michelle Martin for this Ask the Lawyers Quick Question. 

Michelle Martin:

You definitely wanna contact an attorney as soon as possible. Here in Franklin County, we have a great juvenile court. We work very collaboratively to help our youth to avoid going to the Department of Youth Services, so we have a lot of alternative options for our youth that will help get them back on the right path, and so if you get an attorney early on, especially a knowledgeable attorney, they're gonna figure out what are those programs, who are the correct people to talk to, and how can we avoid the youth being held in what we call the JDC, it was a juvenile detention center.

Disclaimer: This video is for informational purposes only. In some states, this video may be deemed Attorney Advertising. The choice of lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements.


© 1999-2022 AskTheLawyers.com™

Terms and Conditions / Privacy Policy /
Report an Issue

Legal Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Use of this website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Information entered on this website is not confidential. This website has paid attorney advertising. Anyone choosing a lawyer must do their own independent research. By using this website, you agree to our additional Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.