Can I Get My Money Back if a Person Who Owes Me Money Dies?

, ,

Lawyer in California Who Handles Probate Creditor Claims

Although it is always devastating when someone we know passes away, this grief can be compounded by stress and confusion if that individual passed without repaying what he or she owed you. In some situations, it may be possible to file a creditor claim in probate to secure this money from an estate or trust. However, you must act quickly because these actions have strict deadlines.