How to be Intentional With Your Legal Marketing Strategy
Written by AskTheLawyers.com™
Written by AskTheLawyers.com™
Developing a marketing strategy is vitally important to the success of any business, especially a law firm. With so many attorneys vying for the same clientele in the same area, it is important to design a marketing strategy that targets the specific type of person you are looking to represent. The best way to make sure your legal marketing strategy is designed as effectively and accurately as possible is to make sure that every element of it perfectly aligns with your brand.
A brand is a presentation of a law firm’s specific offerings and goals.
A brand may include visual aspects such as unique logos, slogan, or colors, but also includes other elements of a law firm’s presentation, such as mission statements, vision statements, purpose, etc. Having a firm grasp of your practice’s brand can be immensely helpful as you design a unique marketing strategy. Every marketing effort from websites and landing pages to videos, blogs, and social media should stem directly from and support an attorney or law firm’s established brand.
How to establish a brand:
- First and foremost, know your vision. Where do you want to be? What kind of and how many cases do you want to have won in the next 10 years? This might sound silly, but it is important to know what your directional objectives are for the next 5, 10, 20 years, and so on.
- Know your mission statement. What do you want to achieve with your practice? Who do you intend to serve? Is your mission statement clear and informative?
- Communicate the vision and mission. It is imperative that everyone is on the same page in regard to a law firm’s vision and mission. Every attorney, paralegal, assistant, and resource expert should be aware of the overarching vision and mission which governs your practice’s brand and behavior.
- Establish what sets your practice apart from others in the field. Do you offer unique resources such as videos, blog articles, or helpful links? Do you offer appealing prices, financial aid, etc? It is important to consistently and frequently reestablish and reevaluate what sets your practice apart from others.
- Make sure your website reflects your brand accurately. An attorney website should be professional, informative, and user-friendly above all. Additionally, it is particularly important to make sure your website is optimized for mobile use in an era where people are using smartphones more than ever.
What message does your marketing strategy communicate?
It is imperative that your marketing strategy is actively working to achieve your established vision for the firm, as well as using the means discussed in the mission statement to do so. Any tone or implication that does not fall directly in line with your law firm’s established brand actually weakens the effectiveness of the overall strategy. It is important to remember that people seeking legal aid are already feeling uncertain; potential clients need to know exactly what they can expect from a law firm or attorney right from the get-go.
To learn more about legal marketing strategies, reach out to AskTheLawyers.com™.