Benefits of Attorney Video Marketing
Written by AskTheLawyers.com™
Written by AskTheLawyers.com™
In a world where so much was already transitioning online, the coronavirus pandemic has given just about every industry a monumental shove in that direction, including the legal industry. As attorneys across the country struggle to develop new opportunities for one-on-one, face-to-face communication with established and potential clients, video marketing has surfaced as a sort of holy grail. According to HubSpot, 78% of people watch videos on the internet each week, and 55% watch videos online every day. Not only has video conferencing become the go-to for client communication and meetings between colleagues, video marketing is becoming one of the most utilized, effective tools, at an attorney’s disposal.
An attorney video can cover a myriad of topics.
A valuable attorney video may cover information about a particular type of case or practice area, answer frequently asked questions, or simply include a brief interview or introduction of an attorney or law firm to potential clientele. Stepping into video marketing may sound daunting at first, but can actually be quite fun, freeform, and effective.
Benefits of attorney video marketing include the following:
- It presents a unique opportunity to establish a general sense of authority in your practice area.
- It’s a great way to establish your authority with specialized types of cases.
- It provides an opportunity for you to control your first impressions. How do you want to come across to potential clients? Sympathetic? All-business? Direct? Thoughtful?
- It’s an easy way to answer frequently asked questions with little effort.
- It sets you apart from the many law firms that do not yet offer videos.
- It appeals to an audience that is seeking video learning far more frequently than written forms of learning.
- It opens up opportunities for mobile optimization; video content is one of the most commonly viewed marketing materials on mobile devices.
- It’s a good substitute for in-person meetings.
- It is an effective and engaging way of communicating important information.
- It’s easy to share. If someone sees a video that reminds them of something a friend or family member is going through, sharing a link to that video is easy, fast, and effective.
- A potential client is more likely to trust someone they have seen with their own eyes and heard with their own ears, even over video.
- Video marketing is a unique offering.
Unique offerings are important to an effective marketing strategy.
Videos, blogs, and social media engagement are three types of unique offerings that can set you apart from the law firms and attorneys who have yet to catch on to this new era of legal advertising. Unfortunately, it is not enough to offer excellent legal representation anymore; to be successful, attorneys need to make sure they are offering a unique service, or at least offering a standard service in a unique way.
With so much competition, standing out in a good way is imperative. Offering something to potential clients that they are likely already looking for is a great way to check these boxes and solidify your first impressions. To take the first steps or to learn more about video marketing for attorneys, reach out to AskTheLawyers™.