Attorney Videos: An Increasingly Important Trend in Law Firm Marketing
Written by AskTheLawyers.com™
Written by AskTheLawyers.com™
No longer a short-term fad or temporary trend, attorney videos are becoming a staple in law firm marketing strategies. Even Forbes has noted that law firms with page one rankings all seem to have one thing in common: videos. Attorney videos provide a great way to provide current and potential clients with a sort of face-to-face experience with their lawyer while providing valuable information at the same time. Additionally, attorney videos can be easily transcribed to increase a firm’s volume of written material and increase SEO visibility. Attorney videos can be shared on a law firm’s website, social media, and even in marketing emails to attract attention and build rapport with your target market. In fact, Animoto reports that videos are the content of choice for social media users and studies have shown that many people would prefer to watch videos to learn about a product or service rather than read about it.
The following statistics reveal a notable trend in video marketing:
- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool. ~ Hubspot
- 87% of marketing professionals use video marketing. ~ Wyzowl
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text. ~ Insivia
- 78% of people watch videos on the internet each week, and 55% watch videos online every day. ~ Hubspot
- 85% of U.S. internet users watch online video content every month. ~ Statista
- 54% of consumers report wanting to see more videos from the brands, businesses, and people they support. ~ Wyzowl
- 88% of people who engage in video marketing report satisfaction with their return on investment. ~ Animoto
- 80% of people have reported purchasing a product after watching a video about it. ~ Wyzowl
- Mobile video consumption rises by 100% every year. ~ Insivia
- By 2022, experts predict that 82% of global internet traffic will come from videos. ~ Cisco
Offering videos can boost the impression that your firm is modern and proactive.
The benefits of video marketing for attorneys are hard to oversell. A common issue among attorneys and law firms are old web themes and out-of-date headshots. With a world that relies so heavily on technology and so many choices readily available at consumer fingertips, staying competitive has never been so important in the legal industry. Remaining competitive for any business means keeping up with whatever marketing trends are appealing to a target market at the time; in this case, videos. The video marketing trend isn’t expected to go away either, which means attorneys and firms who are not proactive in incorporating this type of content into their marketing strategies risk being left in the dust, losing out to the attorneys and law firms who offer video content as well as traditional blog and social media posts.
Video marketing might sound daunting, but it’s important to remember that you don’t necessarily have to film, edit, and upload the videos by yourself. In fact, unless you have video editing experience, for a professional-grade video with acceptable audio/visual quality, it’s probably a better idea to hire a video marketing service rather than trying to learn an entirely new skillset. To learn more about attorney videos, their benefit, or for help making your own, talk to AskTheLawyers™.