5 Benefits of YouTube Marketing for Law Firms
Written by AskTheLawyers.com™
As attorney videos become an increasingly important part of law firm marketing strategies, it’s important to understand just how prominently YouTube features into the equation. According to Pew Research, YouTube is the most popular online platform in the United States. As a search engine, YouTube rivals its parent company, Google; the only difference is that people searching for content on YouTube are specifically seeking out video content.
Providing high-quality video content is extremely important for attorneys and law firms, especially considering the predicted increase in video traffic. For example, according to Cisco, internet experts predict that 82% of global internet traffic will come from videos by 2022, and YouTube offers the biggest collection of video content the world over. While jumping into YouTube marketing might seem intimidating at first, the payoffs can far outweigh the cost.
5 benefits of YouTube marketing for attorneys and law firms include:
- YouTube videos don’t get “old”. One of the biggest benefits of YouTube marketing is that unlike other types of web content, including videos posted on other hosting platforms, YouTube algorithms can continue to recommend your videos to interested visitors years down the line, whereas videos, blogs, and other web content can become buried with time on other platforms.
- YouTube videos are multi-purpose. YouTube videos are notoriously easy to integrate into other marketing strategies. Not only are YouTube videos easy to share on just about any social media platform, but website builders have even made it possible to simply copy and paste a YouTube link to embed a video in your website. Not only does this increase your visibility on both YouTube and the wider web, but can give your website and social media profiles a professional and engaging appearance.
- YouTube videos are popular. According to Hootsuite, YouTube is the world’s second-most visited website after Google. This alone should make it clear why it is vitally important for attorneys and law firms to have an active YouTube presence. Just as it should be out of the question for a law firm to neglect having a presence on Google, it should be out of the question for law firms to be nonexistent on YouTube. Not only is YouTube a great way to attract attention from new potential clients, but it can give current and past clients a way to direct potential referrals to your content or to answer some of their own questions.
- Everyone uses YouTube. While “everyone” might be a bit of an over-exaggeration, it’s not an exaggeration to say that the age range typical of attorney clients spends a lot of time on YouTube. According to Statista, YouTube is extremely popular with users age 15 to 56 and is used regularly by 77% of people between the ages of 15 and 35. Seeing as most law firms have a target market that falls squarely into these ranges, the importance of engaging on YouTube is easy to understand. If one law firm is present on YouTube and another is not, the law firm that is not present could be missing out on a wide assortment of potential clients.
- YouTube is effective. Google studied consumers and found that 70% of video viewers purchased from a brand after seeing a video about their products on YouTube. This statistic alone speaks for itself, but it’s important to keep in mind that a viewer is much more likely to purchase a product or reach out for a consultation if they were able to first engage with some kind of video content surrounding that product or service. This rule applies to attorneys and law firms as well; potential clients want to see an example of a lawyer’s practice area authority, experience, and even their personality before deciding to take the chance and reach out for more information.
To learn more about YouTube marketing for attorneys and law firms, reach out to a legal marketing expert.