5 Benefits of Video Marketing for Lawyers
Written by AskTheLawyers.com™
Written by AskTheLawyers.com™
Video marketing is becoming extremely popular across every field, and the legal industry is no exception. For a more traditional field like law, the reasons to invest time, effort, and money into a video marketing campaign might not be immediately apparent. While dipping a toe in the world of video marketing can be daunting at first, attorneys and law firms that forego this strategy could be missing out on some of the serious benefits associated with it. Additionally, it’s important to keep an eye on the competitors and the marketing strategies they use that appear to be effective; as video marketing for law firms becomes more and more widespread, it is likely that you will find fewer and fewer successful law firms forgoing video marketing as they all strive to remain competitive with each other.
5 benefits of video marketing for attorneys and law firms include:
- Increased conversion rates. According to HubSpot, a landing page that utilizes video content can increase conversion rates by 80%. It is not at all uncommon for a potential customer or client to seek out some form of video or informational content as part of their decision-making process regarding whether or not they want to purchase a product or pay for a service. In the legal industry, a well-made attorney video may convince an on-the-fence viewer to reach out for a consultation.
- Versatile marketing content. Video marketing is extremely versatile in the sense that a single attorney video can be shared in many places. From email newsletters to social media posts to landing pages on the law firm's website, just one video can be used in so many ways that the investment of time and money feels well worth it and easily justified. Versatile marketing content in any form essentially allows a lawyer to get more bang for their buck, and can even save them time, increasing the overall efficiency of maintaining an ongoing marketing strategy.
- Boost search engine presence. Search engines love videos; according to research from Forrester, websites that effectively use video content marketing can increase their chances of appearing on the first page of a Google search by 53 times what they would have without video content. Consistently sharing high-quality video content can improve not only your law firm's website ranking but may result in your content appearing higher on the list when it comes to a search engine results page, a great way to ensure you are catching consumer attention right away rather than hoping they will continue scrolling until they come across your listing.
- Increased traffic. Consumers enjoy video content. In a world where video marketing is quickly becoming the norm, failing to provide video content could actually make a law firm or attorney look behind the times. According to The Aberdeen Group, a company that utilizes video content on a regular basis could experience up to 41% more web traffic than one that does not. Videos are eye-catching and if done correctly are also engaging. This inherently increases traffic and might even result in sharing to other sources. Since sharing is akin to referrals, this has the potential to be extremely effective for collecting new inquiries.
- Personal impression. Perhaps the biggest benefit associated with video marketing for lawyers is the ability to make a personal first impression. Unfortunately, some people have an inherent distrust for lawyers, encouraged in part by lawyer jokes and negative stereotypes in the media. However, a lawyer who presents helpful information in a professional, clear, and compassionate manner can break through these bias barriers to content in a personal way with someone in need of legal help. Attorney videos are a great way to instill a positive first impression in potential clients, making them more likely to reach out and learn more.
To discuss these and other benefits of video marketing for law firms and attorneys, reach out to AskTheLawyers™.