5 Benefits of Attorney Blogging
Written by AskTheLawyers.com™
Written by AskTheLawyers.com™
Blogging can offer a variety of benefits to the attorneys and law firms that take advantage of it. As far as content marketing goes, blogging is a cost-effective, multi-purpose way to display a lawyer’s industry authority without sounding braggy. Blogging can also be a great way to answer common questions in one fell swoop, rather than replying in detail to individual inquiries. As long as a blog remains consistent and well-maintained, blogging can be a big asset and an important part of any law firm’s marketing strategy.
5 benefits of attorney blogging include:
- Visibility: Blogging is a great way to increase a law firm’s online visibility. Blogs can be accessed from home computers, laptops, tablets, and even smartphones, and can appear in search engine results and on social media, as well as directly on a firm’s website. The more places from which a potential client is directed to a law firm’s website, the better. Additionally, by utilizing SEO best practices, you may also boost overall visibility for your website.
- Credibility: Blogging can be an excellent way to brag about a lawyer’s experience and knowledge without sounding braggy. From writing about timely legal events to explaining common but otherwise confusing legal jargon or practices, blog articles are a great way to demonstrate credibility while simultaneously providing useful information to the reader. Showing off is an important part of proving that you and your firm know what you’re doing, but it can be hard to find an appealing way to do so. Blogs provide a great way to demonstrate informational knowledge rather than self-congratulations.
- Efficiency: Creating and consistently adding to a comprehensive law firm blog can actually be a big time-saver in the future. By answering frequently asked questions or explaining need-to-know concepts in a series of blog articles, there is no longer a need to explain these concepts on an individual basis every time they come up. Instead, for example, if a client or potential client emails with a question about a topic you have written on, you can kindly and helpfully direct them to the pre-written article, saving you considerable time in answering a question that has been answered before.
- Multi-purpose: Blogs can serve multiple purposes. Not only can it include helpful information on a law firm’s website and increase overall visibility online, but blogging can create top-notch content for other marketing purposes, especially social media. It can be difficult to know what to share on social media and how often to do so, but by coordinating your blog and social media schedule it is possible to take some of the pressure off by sharing pre-existing but original content rather than reinventing the wheel.
- Cost-effective: One of the biggest appeals of blogging is the cost; blogging doesn’t add any significant expense to your current marketing budget, unless, of course, you choose to hire freelance bloggers to write for you, which typically occurs on a piece-by-piece basis. Not only is blogging cost effective for the lawyers themselves, but it also provides an entirely free offering to potential clients, which is a great way to build trust and appreciation even prior to starting any official attorney-client relationship.
To learn more about the benefits and ease of blogging for attorneys, reach out to AskTheLawyers™.