See what makes The Law Office of Anuj A. Shah, P.C. Different
The Law Office of Anuj A. Shah P.C. provides businesses, individuals and families with competent and professional counsel and representation in matters related United States Immigration & Nationality Law. Our offices are unique in that we offer services spanning the full range of Immigration areas.
Employment Law, Immigration Law
Anuj Shah is a Houston immigration attorney. He has been practicing law since 2002, and he opened up his own firm in 2007. He is proficient in Spanish, French, Hindi, Gujarati, and Classical Sanskrit.
Also has experience with international law, commercial litigation, employment law and energy regulatory law. It was his family, however, that inspired him to go into immigration law.
“My parents immigrated to the United States in the 1970s to pursue what most people coming to the United States want: The American Dream. My father is a physician, my mother a biochemist, and I witnessed firsthand how, through their hard work and perseverance, they became lawful permanent residents and, ultimately, proud citizens of the United States.”
“Immigration, as a result, has been at the forefront of my consciousness since my childhood. Therefore, it is my mission to assist those who, like my family, want to come, either temporarily or permanently, to the United States and create a life of happiness, prosperity, and possibility for themselves. It is an honor and privilege to be an advocate for those people, and I am grateful that I can rise each day and provide this service.”
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- “Invented Cages: The Plight of Wild Animals in Captivity,” with Alyce Miller,
Journal of Animal Law (Vol. I, 2005)
- Winner: Warren J. Ferguson Prize for Best Essay on Social Justice, 2002
- Senior Editor – Southern California Law Review
- Senior Editor – Southern California Review of Law and Women’s Studies
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Asian American Bar Association
- Animal Legal Defense Fund
- Houston Bar Association
- South Asian American Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
2002 – J.D., University of Southern California School of Law
1999 – Ph.D., East-West Center/University of Hawaii
1995 – M.A., University of Houston
1993 – Certificates de Premier et Deuxième Degrès, La Sorbonne, Université de Paris
1992 – B.A., Rice University, Wesleyan University
PRIOR LEGAL EXPERIENCE
- Served as the Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Marcia A. Crone of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Worked as an Associate Attorney in the energy regulatory section for an international law firm
- Acted as a founding member for a boutique law firm specializing in Labor and Employment and Immigration Law.
- Opened his own firm (The Law Office of Anuj Shaw P.C.) in 2007
If you need with a legal matter related to immigration, contact Houston immigration lawyer Anuj Shah today.
There are 2 main things why I have decided to rate Anuj as excellent: 1. His knowledge is outstanding. He has vast experience in immigration law, has been through a variety of challenging situations, therefore no unpredictable issue or complication is too much for him to handle and advise on best strategy. 2. He is a GOOD person, and that is very hard to find nowadays. He will listen, counsel and give you confidence. He is the only reason why i was able to sleep through my adjustment of status case.
Anuj is one of the smartest people I know. He speaks five languages, has a PhD and truly cares about immigrants and what they are facing in this current climate.
Anuj A. Shah, J.D., Ph.D.
Houston Texas 77018