Can a non-resident person own a trademark in the United States?

, ,

In the matter of non-residency, applicants not living in the United States must designate in writing the name and address of a person residing in the United States. The United States Patent and Trademark Office will send his/her domestic representative all notices and communications regarding the mark, unless the person is represented by an attorney in the United States.